Lenovo Group (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) announced strong first quarter results for the Group, improving both revenue and profitability for the ninth consecutive quarter. First quarter net income grew 11% year-on-year to US$516 million and 35% year-on-year to $556 million on a non-HKFRS basis. Revenue grew to US$17 billion, up 5% year-on-year in constant currency.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$70 billion revenue global technology powerhouse, ranked #171 in the Fortune Global 500, employing 75,000 people around the world, and serving millions of customers every day in 180 markets. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, Lenovo has built on its success as the world’s leading PC player by expanding into new growth areas of infrastructure, mobile, solutions and services. This transformation together with Lenovo’s world-changing innovation is building a more inclusive, trustworthy, and sustainable digital society for everyone, everywhere.
Lenovo has three business groups aligned to delivering its 3S Strategy (Smart IoT, Smart Infrastructure, Smart Solutions):
- IDG (Intelligent Devices Group)
– focused on various Smart Devices and IoT;
- ISG (Infrastructure Solutions Group, renamed from DCG, Data Center Group)
– focused on Smart Infrastructure; and
- SSG (Solutions and Services Group)
– focused on Smart Verticals & Services, which will spearhead the company’s transformation by delivering incremental business across smart verticals, attached services, managed services and our ‘as a service offerings’ including DaaS and TruscaleTM.