Lenovo Group (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) announced first quarter results, reporting Group revenue of US$12.9 billion and net income of US$191 million on a non-Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards (HKFRS)basis. Revenue from the non-PC businesses accounted for 41% of Group revenue, with the service-led business achieving strong growth and sustained profitability – further demonstrating the effectiveness of Lenovo’s intelligent transformation strategy.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$62 billion revenue global technology powerhouse, ranked #217 in the Fortune Global 500, employing 77,000 people around the world, and serving millions of customers every day in 180 markets. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, Lenovo has built on its success as the world’s largest PC company by further expanding into growth areas that fuel the advancement of ‘New IT’ technologies (client, edge, cloud, network, and intelligence) including server, storage, mobile, software, solutions, and services. This transformation together with Lenovo’s world-changing innovation is building a more inclusive, trustworthy, and smarter future for everyone, everywhere.
Lenovo has three business groups aligned to delivering its 3S Strategy (Smart IoT, Smart Infrastructure, Smart Solutions):
- IDG (Intelligent Devices Group)
– focused on various Smart Devices and IoT;
- ISG (Infrastructure Solutions Group, renamed from DCG, Data Center Group)
– focused on Smart Infrastructure; and
- SSG (Solutions and Services Group)
– focused on Smart Verticals & Services, which will spearhead the company’s transformation by delivering incremental business across smart verticals, attached services, managed services and our ‘as a service offerings’ including DaaS and TruscaleTM.