A Message from Our Chief Corporate Responsibility Officer
At Lenovo, we know that sustainability is an ongoing journey. Our obligation to our stakeholders does not end with our finished products or workplaces. Recent global events have helped us reflect on the measurable impact our activity has on our communities and our planet. I am hopeful that we can work together and be inspired by these lessons to address sustainability challenges in the future. As a global technology leader, Lenovo is committed to operate as a sustainable business with policies and procedures that benefit our environment and establish a culture of integrity. We plan for long-term success by integrating the Ten Principles of the U.N. Global Compact into strategies and operations. Lenovo measures the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities that have an impact on our stakeholders and our business. We want to reassure our stakeholders that even during a time of crisis, we remain focused on these matters as we demonstrate resiliency. Beginning with the Fiscal Year 2019/20, we will address the report as the "ESG Report", which conveys a more precise assessment of our Company's actions and the broad scope of our commitment to identify opportunities which may improve our strategy and decision-making process, drive innovation and operational efficiencies, and reduce risks associated with climate change and economic growth.
In FY 2019/20, we continued to make progress across a range of ESG activities. Key highlights include:
- Renewable Energy - We reduced our Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas by 92 percent relative to FY 2009/10. We also expanded our commitment to sustainable operations with on-site renewable energy installations like the 3.9 MW solar panel array recently installed at our North American facilities in North Carolina.
- CDP - Lenovo achieved a score of A- on the 2019 CDP Climate Change response and an A on the CDP Supplier Engagement response, both of which are rated at the Leadership level. These acknowledgements reflect our understanding of our contribution to climate change, coordinated action on climate issues, implementation of best practices relating to climate change, and ongoing transparency around climate change issues.
- 2020 Green Freight Asia - Lenovo is the first shipper to ever qualify for 3-Leaf Certification from Green Freight Asia (GFA) for our performance in China, in addition to receiving 2-Leaf Certification by GFA for our efforts in India. These certifications recognize Lenovo's commitment to engage suppliers and key partners to continually enhance their sustainability practices, including reducing transport-related carbon emissions in the delivery of our products.
- Closed Loop Post-Consumer Recycled Content (CL-PCR) - In support of a more circular economy, Lenovo is proud of the progress we've made in expanding our CL-PCR plastics program to include these materials in 66 of our products - a significant increase from 21 products in the previous reporting year.
- 2020 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, and the 2019 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index - Lenovo was recognized for the outstanding performance of our diversity and inclusion initiatives across the organization. This recognition demonstrates our commitment to supporting a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment with the intended outcome of each employee feeling a sense of value, respect, and belonging.
- Love on 31 Global Month of Service - Lenovo engaged employees around the world in strategically aligned volunteerism through 'Love On 31', Lenovo's global month of service. Employees gave more than 13,000 hours in volunteer service focused on empowering underprivileged populations with access to technology and STEM education while meeting the unique needs of their communities. In 2019, Love On 31 grew to include 55 different offices in 37 countries across six continents, directly impacting nearly 56,000 people in the month of May 2019. Participation in Lenovo's annual global month of service has grown by 43 percent since it began in 2017.
- 2019 Hang Seng Corporate Sustainability Index - Lenovo was rated AA by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency, achieving the best overall score in the IT industry. This is the ninth consecutive year that Lenovo has been included in this ranking, showing Lenovo's ongoing commitment to sustainability.
- 2019 Platinum Awards in Best Corporate Governance and Sustainability and Social Responsibility Reporting Award - This is the seventh consecutive year that Lenovo was presented with the Corporate Governance award and the second consecutive year receiving the Sustainability and Social Responsibility reporting award from the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants ("HKICPA").
Lenovo recognizes that our opportunities to make the world more sustainable are not just operational but can be seen through the many innovative applications of our technology that continue to benefit our environment and the health of communities around the world. As we continue shaping technology to create a better world - we are inspired by the use of Lenovo technology to measure and adapt to climate change, conserve the environment, and provide access to STEM education. We are proud to share our recent achievements which underscore Lenovo's higher purpose - to be a global citizen contributing to solutions that support a more sustainable planet by providing smarter technology for all.
Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and
Chief Corporate Responsibility Officer
- What's New
- Annual/Interim Reports
- Monthly Return/Next Day Disclosure Return
- Letters to Registered Shareholders
- Letters to Non-Registered Shareholders
- Proxy Forms
- Share Buyback Report (On or before July 4, 2008)
- Notices (Replacement of Lost Share Certificates)
- List of Directors of Subsidiaries